TRI is a Canadian registered charity: 816892368RR0001
The Resilience Institute
Creating a Climate Resilient Future – Together
TRI is a charitable organization based in Canada. Our mission is to co-create a climate resilient future and reduce risk to disasters.
How The Resilience Institute is responding to COVID-19.
- As a new charity we will likely struggle with absorbing the cascading shocks of COVID-19.
- But our work just became all the more urgent.
- Building resilience to pandemics and climate impacts go hand-in-hand.
- Fast-tracking community-based actions that build resilience are needed NOW.
- We must act swiftly and intentionally to ensure communities develop resilience.
- By building on existing relationships strengthening emerging ones we can make a difference – especially to those living in remote and Indigenous communities who are extraordinary vulnerable.
- Shifting our focus to “learning while doing” on activities that develop food, water, and energy security, like community-based greenhouses, rain-water capture units and increasing local, sustainable energy capacity
- Strengthening pathways to ensure successful processes are to scale (local to global)
- Reprogramming and rewriting cases-for-support so we can effectively engage with funding partners and collaborators who can bring this work to fruition at warp speed.
News and Views
This presentation is framed as a letter to: the People of the Stars, December 7, 2050 Download presentation People of the Stars 1 file(s) 0.00 KB...
TRI’s Fall Newsletter. Check out what what we’re doing on climate adaptation and resilience building!
News release May 21, 2019—Edmonton, Alberta—Natural Resources Canada Indigenous communities have the innovation and drive to unlock new jobs in the forestry sector while protecting the environment. That is why Canada is investing in projects to equip Indigenous...
Proud members of: